We are pleased to inform you that HCC recently attained the status of a Certified Professional Employer Organization (CPEO) from the IRS. Our effective date is retroactive to January 1, 2017. HCC is the first Indiana based PEO company and only one of thirty-three companies in America to receive this IRS certification.
What does the HCC CPEO certification mean to you?
The certification works as peace of mind for business owners when selecting a PEO. It also establishes requirements that not only provides protection for clients but saves them money. The following are some of the benefits this designation provides CPEO customers:
- Establishes requirements that tax payments to the IRS be audited as to their timeliness and accuracy.
- Requires a $1 million Surety Bond to the IRS to ensure taxes are paid on behalf of clients
- Protects PEO clients by explicitly stating that CPEO’s are solely liable for wages paid to worksite employees
- Allows HCC to pass through to each client certain federal tax credits they earn. Examples include research, work opportunity, and empowerment zone tax credits.
- Eliminates the potential for double taxation of FICA and FUTA taxes when a business enters a PEO relationship during the calendar year
A non CPEO cannot legally do any of the above. While it took us almost a year to get this certification, there is more work to do. HCC is excited to be one of the first CPEO’s in the country. “HCC’s goal is to provide the best possible service to our clients. It’s an incredible accomplishment to become one of the first PEO’s in America to secure this certification. We will continue to strive to be a leader in our industry.” said Harlan Schafir, Chief Executive Officer. “It was a laborious process to obtain this certification but it shows the nature of our company and the dedication to our clients,” added Steve Kellam, President of Human Capital Concepts.
HCC is a leading full-service PEO based in Indiana. HCC specializes in providing customized Human Resources and Benefits solutions to companies of all sizes. For more information about HCC, contact Harlan Schafir at email@example.com.
The IRS does not endorse any particular certified professional employer organization. For more information on certified professional employer organizations go to www.IRS.gov.